Lucy’s, Polperro – Access Statement
Lucy’s is a detached cottage at the bottom of Talland Hill, a steep and narrow lane. The accommodation is on one floor with two steps down to the bathroom.
- This website includes photographs of the interior and exterior of the cottage, and local information and travel directions.
- Bookings and enquiries can be made from the website via email or by telephone/letter.
- All guests are provided with this map and written directions to the cottage.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Vehicular access from the village centre into Talland Hill (the road where Lucy’s is located) is prohibited. Visitors are advised to drive down from the top of Talland Hill to the cottage. Please consult this map to view the best route to Lucy’s from the outskirts of Polperro. Follow the green arrows on the map carefully, being sure to turn left immediately at the bus stop just past Seaview Holiday Village. DO NOT proceed down the main road into the village because there’s no vehicular access to Lucy’s from that direction. The road becomes quite steep and narrow on the approach down to Lucy’s but don’t worry, large vehicles can get through easily enough and the average car has room to spare.
- Polperro is a quaint fishing village with narrow roads and lanes. Car parking is not available directly outside the cottage. However, it is acceptable to block the road briefly outside Lucy’s while loading/unloading your luggage before proceeding to the cottage’s designated car park (see below).
- The car park for Lucy’s guests is approximately 600 metres further along the road on the right-hand side. (Ignore the arrow in the road at the junction by the Post Office, just continue straight ahead.) Refer to this map for details. Unlock the padlock on the white, up-and-over garage door (height: 1.85m) marked “Upper Coombes Parking”. (If there is no padlock, the garage door is already open.)
- Once through the garage door, you enter an area with a number of parking spaces. The parking space for Lucy’s, Polperro is located on the left-hand side and is clearly marked: Number 17. The space is 2.1m wide.
Access to the Cottage – Main Entrance
- The entrance to Lucy’s, Polperro is at the side of the property and is accessed from the street via a short ramp, 2.4m long, and 13 steps 15-29cm high and 23-62cm deep.
- The front door opens into a small hallway. There is a light switch on the right-hand side for the interior and exterior lights.
- Past the front door there are 15 steps, 13-22cm high and 21-39cm deep, leading to the patio. (There is a handrail alongside the lower 10 steps.)
- The patio is 3m x 2.3m and is lit by two lights operated by an outside switch on the handrail post to the left of the patio entrance.
- The patio is surfaced with (uneven) paving slabs and furnished with a table and chairs.
The nearest bus stop to Lucy’s is 980 metres from the cottage at the Crumplehorn Inn. (See map). In the summer there is a “tram” service running from the centre of Polperro (220m from the cottage) to Crumplehorn. The Plymouth Citybus Route 73 service connects Polperro to Looe, Liskeard and Callington.The Plymouth Citybus Route 72 service connects Polperro to Looe, St Germans, Saltash and Plymouth. Click here to view, print or download timetables for other bus routes in Cornwall and Devon.
Looe mainline railway station is four miles away from Polperro and can be reached by bus. (See “Buses” section above.) The scenic Looe Valley Line runs between Looe and Liskeard (12 miles away), which provides connections with InterCity GWR train services to the rest of the national rail network. Click here to view/download the train timetable for GWR services on the Looe Valley Line between Looe and Liskeard. Click here to plan train journeys to/from Liskeard mainline station or Looe.
Local Taxi Services
Information on Lucy’s and the Local Area
- This website features comprehensive information on Lucy’s, Polperro and the surrounding area.
- There is a printed “Welcome Pack” on the shelf under the coffee table in the lounge). This contains details of the cottage’s facilities and local amenities.
- There is good coverage for all mobile services in Polperro. There is also a public telephone box opposite the cottage.
- Click here for the owner’s contact details.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Stays at Lucy’s commence at 16:00 on the day of arrival and terminate at 10:00 on the day of departure.
- Only the person named on the booking form and one other are entitled to occupy the property.
- Lucy’s is strictly a No Smoking property.
- Sorry – No pets.
- All breakages are to be notified to the owner and paid for in full before departure.
- Guests are requested to leave the property as they find it.